Doctors and health care providers make mistakes. Years of school and practice can’t change that they are human. As a Houston medical malpractice lawyer team, Richard J. Plezia & Associates know that human errors occur in every workplace — but there is no excuse for the egregious, negligent acts that result in medical malpractice.
If a health care provider has caused you injury, a medical negligence attorney at Richard J. Plezia & Associates can help. Our Houston medical malpractice lawyers have experience with the following medical malpractice cases:
- Birth Injuries
- Misdiagnosis and Mismanagement of Health Conditions
- Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
- Emergency Room Errors
- Medical Device Errors and Defective Medical Devices
- Nursing Errors
- Hospital Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Surgical Procedure Errors
- Drug Interactions and Prescription Drug Errors
- Medical Device Errors
Our medical negligence attorneys can help guide you in the medical malpractice lawsuit process. We work for a just and timely settlement that compensates you for all types damages.
Types of Damages
A Houston medical malpractice lawyer at Richard J. Plezia & Associates looks at three types of damages. Each of these will play a part in the resolution of your medical malpractice case:
- Medical Expenses. This will encompass the medical bills that you accrued as the result of the malpractice incident. It includes surgeries, follow up appointments and procedures, pain management, rehabilitation, and visits with specialists. Medical expenses will also project the cost of long-term care and therapy.
- Pain and Suffering. In the aftermath of medical malpractice, pain and suffering is defined as additional physical and mental distress. Medical negligence attorneys will study how the malpractice event changed your life and how it altered your well-being.
- Lost Wages. When you can’t work, you can’t provide for your family. Bills stack up, and so does the debt. Serious injury from medical malpractice can keep you out of work for months, even years. These lost wages must be part of a settlement package, compensating you for missed work and missed advancement opportunities.
How Can A Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyer Help?
A Houston medical malpractice lawyer at Richard J. Plezia & Associates will start by protecting your rights. You have the right to a lawyer, the right to medical care, and the right to have your medical bills paid.
You also have the right to recover from the injuries caused by a negligent medical provider. While you recover, our medical malpractice attorneys will focus on your case, digging into the details and compiling the documentation needed. Let our lawyers handle the communication with the medical providers, medical facilities, and insurance companies while you focus on your health during the medical malpractice lawsuit process.
Contact Richard J. Plezia & Associates to speak with a medical negligence attorney.
Read Our Client Testimonials
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rickplezia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/my-custom-functions/inc/php/functional.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 64
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rickplezia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/my-custom-functions/inc/php/functional.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 208