Medical Device Errors Lawyer Houston
A defective medical device can have disastrous consequences. Severe injury and wrongful death are linked to faulty medical devices that were sold to doctors’ offices and hospitals. Injury from medical device errors and defective medical devices can lead to a medical malpractice claim.
Common Defective Medical Devices
Hundreds of healthcare devices have been found to be defective. If you or a family member has been injured by improperly functioning medical equipment, a medical device errors lawyer at Richard J. Plezia & Associates has experience handling claims like yours, including:
- Pacemakers that fail to keep a proper, rhythmic heartbeat
- Malfunctioning pumps for pain or insulin
- Defective heart implants that result in repeat surgery
- Non-sterilized devices that lead to infection
- Defective replacement joints at the hip or knee
- Devices that cause immune system damage
- Gynecological devices that cause infection, infertility, or miscarriage
Path to Problems
The Houston medical center is one of the largest, most advanced medical training and care centers in the entire world. Doctors and patients from across the globe convene in the medical center for the latest and greatest in medical innovation. How can faulty medical devices make it into the bodies of Houston patients?
The path to problems starts with manufacturer testing and research. Medical device manufacturers do not create faulty devices on purpose. Oftentimes the opportunity for financial gain achieved by taking a new device to market will cause a device company to rush its product through the testing stage. Despite the FDA’s strict oversight and approval process, defective medical device errors in Houston happen each year.
Defective medical devices and medical device errors often result in filing a legal complaint. Patients injured by defective devices often experience lengthy recovery, additional surgeries, and chronic pain. If you have experienced any of these problems, it is time to have your potential claims investigated by a medical device errors lawyer at Richard J. Plezia & Associates.
Why File A Defective Medical Device Lawsuit?
Filing a claim against a negligent medical device company can do two things: (1) help you recover financially, and (2) help stop the negligent company from hurting others.
- Your Financial Recovery. Installing and operating a medical device in your body required a surgical or other medical procedure. If the device malfunctioned, additional procedures may be required in order to repair or replace the device. Filing a claim can help you recover the costs of medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Stop The Company. Chances are, you are not the only person suffering from the adverse effects of a defective medical device. By filing a claim and holding the negligent company responsible, you can help alert the government, stop the company from selling more defective devices, and potentially get the medical device recalled.
Get Help From A Medical Device Errors Lawyer in Houston
Filing a claim starts by contacting the medical device errors lawyer team at Richard J. Plezia & Associates. We have experience representing clients injured by a medical device error, and we can help you and your family recover from the pain and suffering. Contact us today for more information and to schedule an appointment.