Accidents that cause personal injury can happen in any place, at any time. A Houston personal injury attorney at Richard J. Plezia & Associates has years of experience representing clients in the following types of cases:
- Maritime and Offshore Accidents
- Medical Malpractice Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Defective Devices and Drugs
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
Types of Damages
If you suffer a personal injury in an accident, there are three types of damages that a Houston personal injury attorney will be fighting for:
1. Medical Damages. This includes all the medical expenses accrued from the accident. Examples include:
- Ambulance transportation to the hospital
- Emergency treatment
- Surgery and hospital recovery
- Physical therapy
- Long term rehabilitation
2. Lost Wages. If you can no longer work after an accident, the accident lawyers at Richard J. Plezia & Associates will calculate your current and future lost wages. This includes lost earning potential and future wages. For maritime accidents, there are specific laws that address lost wages.
3. Mental Anguish. This is sometimes called pain and suffering, and includes all of the hardships you have endured in the aftermath of your accident.
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Limitations to personal activities
- Anger and frustration
- Mental strain
When Should I File A Personal Injury Claim?
In Texas there is a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case. The personal injury attorneys at Richard J. Plezia & Associates recommend filing the case as soon as possible after the accident. Vital data and information can disappear with time, leaving holes in your injury claim. Missing information will only make it easier for employers and insurance companies to deny your claim or act in bad faith.
How Can A Houston Personal Injury Attorney Help?
- An accident lawyer in Houston can be your strongest ally in your injury case. Most importantly, an attorney can help protect your rights. Some of these rights include:
- The right to seek legal counsel. When you need an accident lawyer Houston based law firm Richard J. Plezia & Associates can help.
- The right to take pictures of the accident scene.
- The right to call the police and ask for a report.
- The right to consult with an attorney before providing a statement to your employer or an insurance adjuster.
- The right to collect compensation if you are wrongfully injured.
Collecting compensation for wrongfully injured clients is what drives the attorneys at Richard J. Plezia & Associates. People who commit negligent acts that lead to personal injury should be held accountable. Contact us today to speak with an attorney about your personal injury case.
Read Our Client Testimonials
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rickplezia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/my-custom-functions/inc/php/functional.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 64
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rickplezia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/my-custom-functions/inc/php/functional.php(85) : eval()'d code on line 208