Houston Birth Injury Lawyer
No parent wants a birth injury to be part of his or her child’s delivery. Childbirth can be a joyous time. Families come together and put their trust in nurses and doctors to help with delivery, but childbirth does not always go smoothly. While not common, birth injuries do occur. These injuries can lead to difficult medical decisions for the parents and family. A Houston birth injury lawyer can help hold you medical staff financially liable for any negligence or malpractice that led to your child’s injuries.
Common Birth Injuries
Have any of your family members or friends given birth to a child suffering from the following injuries?
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy/Brachial Plexus Injury
- Brain Injuries
- Birth Defects From Maternal Ingestion Of Antidepressant (SSRI) Drugs During Pregnancy
- Mismanagement of Group B Strep
If so, it’s important to speak to a Texas birth defect lawyer about available legal options.
How to Proceed After a Birth Injury
When a child suffers a birth injury, there are two steps to take:
- Evaluate the circumstances for potential negligence and medical malpractice.
- Calculate the cost of care for a injured child.
Negligence in a birth injury case is often related to some form of medical malpractice. In delivery rooms and children’s hospitals, medical malpractice can be caused by any of the medical professionals that assisted with the case. Examining the details of your child’s case can be time-consuming and research intensive. This is where a lawyer can help.
Can A Houston Birth Injury Lawyer Help?
A Houston birth injury lawyer at Richard J. Plezia & Associates can be your strongest ally during a birth injury case. Our Texas birth defect attorneys have the experience needed to:
- Gather complicated medical data from the hospital and other medical providers
- Request and obtain medical records
- Work with insurance companies
- Evaluate your child’s birth injury and/or birth defect claims for instances of medical malpractice and negligence
We take these steps because we care. Each year, our Houston birth injury lawyers see cases that could have been prevented. Let Richard J. Plezia & Associates provide you with sensitive and experienced legal representation. We can handle the hospitals, insurance, and doctors while you care for your child. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.