Houston Industrial Accident Lawyer
Millions of Americans are employed in an industrial area such as automotive, manufacturing, chemical, oilfield, construction, transportation, water, sewage, retail, and many other industries.
In fact, there were 447,600 jobs in 2014 in industrial machinery mechanics, maintenance workers, and millwrights alone according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. With heavy machinery, complex equipment, and an array of vehicles, a Houston industrial accident lawyer knows the work can be highly dangerous and the industrial sector is one of the most dangerous areas to be employed throughout the nation.
Causes of Industrial Accidents
There are many types of industrial accidents, oftentimes attributed to the failure to maintain safety procedures for crews and machinery operators. One of the most common types of industrial accidents involves powered industrial trucks. In fact, it made the top ten most frequently cited regulatory violations by OSHA in fiscal year 2014. More commonly called forklifts or lift trucks, many workers are injured when:
- Industrial trucks are inadvertently driven off loading docks
- Industrial trucks fall between docks and unsecured trailers
- Industrial trucks are struck by other vehicles
- Industrial trucks fall while on elevated pallets and tines
Other industrial accidents can have many causes and are often attributed to:
- Failure to properly communicate safety procedures or to comply with new safety standards
- Failure to maintain or replace equipment
- Delays in maintaining and inspecting equipment
- Improper storage of hazardous fluids
- Failure to provide adequate safety equipment such as goggles
- Failure of regulatory agencies to cite infractions
Industrial Accident Injuries
When industrial accidents happen, they can result in devastating industrial accident injuries. These injuries are made all the more harmful given that industrial work is difficult for workers who are healthy. These injuries include but are not limited to:
- Broken limbs
- Amputation of limbs
- Contact with electrical equipment
- Neck trauma, back injuries, and damage to the brain
These injuries often result in large and continued medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and take a great toll on the victims and their families. Industrial workers who are injured on the job as the result of negligence on the part of the employer can face a difficult road ahead.
When someone is injured in an accident, it is a common practice for the employer to deny culpability, minimize the injury, and to try and settle the case through its workers compensation insurance carrier.
Get Help From A Houston Industrial Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been injured or killed in an industrial accident, you have a limited time to act and probably have many questions. Contact a Houston industrial accident lawyer at our firm so we can help you learn your rights when dealing with an employer or filing a claim. A free consultation with one of our experienced work accident attorneys comes with no obligation to you.