Plant Accident Attorney Houston
Texas is ranked near the top of all states in refining and industrial plant production. The economic value of these sectors propels the Texas economy and provides job opportunities to many Texans. With so much good coming from the chemical plants and petroleum refineries, it can be easy to look the other way when workplace accidents happen. Unfortunately, plants and refineries can create dangerous work environments. Accidents are often catastrophic and result in severe injury or death. The Houston plant accident attorney team at Richard J. Plezia & Associates have successfully represented workers injured in plant and refinery accidents. Our experienced refinery injury lawyers can help with:
“How could this happen?” is often the first question asked by the family of an injured employee. With safety training, state and federal regulations, it would seem that industrial plants would have safe work environments. Oftentimes, these regulations are ignored and shortcuts taken. Industrial accidents in plants happen for a variety of reasons:
- Lack of Equipment Maintenance. When large, complicated equipment is ignored and unmaintained, the result can be injury or death to those operating and working around it.
- Improper Training. All employees are required to partake in safety and compliance training. When crews are overworked, new team members are thrown into the fray without completed training certifications.
- Missing Signage. Safety and warning signs are an easy way to alert workers of potential dangers. Like equipment, signs must be cared for. Weather and time can age a sign, causing it to be obscured.
- Plant Malfunctions. Ignoring minor malfunctions can compound a problem and lead to disaster. Small problems like missing or failed sensors may seem insignificant, but many disasters have been traced back to a mixture of small, but important problems.
Types of Plant Injuries
Work accidents in refineries are often serious and result in serious injury or death. Emergent medical care and long-term rehabilitation are common, and the cost of medical care can skyrocket. Refinery workers who are injured will often miss work for weeks or months, reducing take-home pay to their families. Common injuries include:
- Orthopedic injuries like broken arms, legs, and ribs
- Head trauma and brain damage
- Severe burns
- Injury to the respiratory system
- Back and neck pain
- Vision impairment
- Loss of life
Get Help From A Plant Accident Attorney In Houston
Take one look at the complex maze of pipes and equipment at a refinery plant, and it’s no surprise that refinery plants can suffer malfunction and explode. Modern engineering has made today’s refining systems safer, but the threat for Texas refinery explosion remains high. Owner-operator and employee negligence are often at the top of the list of reasons for refinery accidents. When safety rules and equipment standards fall behind, refinery workers’ lives are put at risk.
Richard J. Plezia & Associates has Houston plant accident attorney team that is ready to take your case. If you have been injured in a plant of refinery explosion, call a refinery injury lawyer Texas today. We can help you recoup your losses, protect your rights, and stop negligent plant and refinery owners and operators from engaging in dangerous acts.