ATTORNEY RICHARD J. PLEZIA
Richard J. Plezia has primarily focused his extensive litigation career on civil trials in both federal and state courts, trying numerous cases to verdict. He has participated in and tried over a hundred jury trials. He is one of only a very small percentage of Texas lawyers to be board certified twice. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization and Board Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has also been selected for membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and is AV rated by Martidale-Hubbell.
Mr. Plezia obtained both his undergraduate degree and his law degree from Baylor University, earning accolades including Phi Delta Phi, Order of Barristers, and membership in the Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Society.
Mr. Plezia has been admitted to practice in Texas, Mississippi, and Georgia, along with the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He has participated in litigation in almost all 50 states. He has testified in committees of both the Texas House of Representatives and the State Senate on a wide range of laws that could impact both consumers and Texas families, including recreational use, maritime procedure, venue, community projects, construction projects, automobile tires, and more.
He is proudly married to his wife of 25 years, and enjoys being a father to their four daughters.
Awards and Honors
- Lifetime Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Top 100, Princeton Global Network, 2013-2015, Lifetime Member
- Second Highest Jury Verdict for Motor Vehicle, Top Verdicts of 2009, Texas Lawyer 2009
- Top Texas Lawyers, 2006 – 2013, Texas Monthly
- Life Member, Kingstons National Registry of Who’s Who, 2002 Edition
- Texas Rising Star, 2004
- Texas Super Lawyer, 2005 – Present
- Houston’s Best Lawyers for the People, 2006.
- H Texas Magazine “Lawyer for the People,” 2005-2013
- Instrument rated commercial pilot for Single and Multi Engine Aircraft